Coastal Futures provides the most comprehensive annual review, briefing and pointer to future trends for coastal and marine practitioners.
Coastal Futures 2024
January 24th & 25th | The Royal Institution, London and Online
Coastal Futures conferences offer unparalleled networking opportunities with over 750 delegates from 200 organisations across two-days in January every year. Current and forward-looking issues are presented and debated by leading professionals and practitioners. We collectively look to the future to care for our coasts and seas - encourage collaboration, get up to date, catch up and connect with new people.
How delegates describe Coastal Futures conferences:
- Networking opportunities…. there’s so much energy in the room!
- Share knowledge and best practice, be with like-minded people.
- Open the doors to your future role in the marine world.
- Positive energy, innovation, making connections, ambition, optimism, togetherness and hope.
- Coastal Futures is about real outcomes and friends.
“It’s my favourite conference” Kath Wellard, Atkins
“There’s a real desire to collaborate” Alexis Perry, Commercial Director, Environment Bank
“You get a chance to see everybody’s perspective, it makes you take a step back and look at the whole picture” Sam Fanshawe, Blue Marine Foundation
“One of the great things about coming to Coastal Futures is the networking opportunity with all the delegates and the conversations we have in the sidelines about a whole range of themes” Roger Proudfoot, Head of Estuaries and Coasts, Environment Agency
“You soak in everything that’s been going on in the field” Sangheeta McNair, Natural England
“It’s great to see the cross-collaboration and energy in the room and hopefully we’ll see much more of that in years to come” Hugo Tagholm, Oceana
“An amazing start to the year” Hannah Rudd, Author
These conferences began in 1994. The title of the first meeting was ‘Marine Environmental Management – Review of Events in 1993 and Future Trends’. The meeting has evolved but the essence of review and future trends remains with its main function being to brief a wide cross section of coastal and marine practitioners on topical issues covering a wide range of sectors.
The conference offers:
- Strong perspectives – from key stakeholders and industry leaders, who take a proactive approach to the sustainability agenda.
- Reviews – from acknowledged experts in many subjects.
- Future trends – pointers to future areas of activity which will directly affect your work.
- Networking – an excellent opportunity to meet those at the forefront of these issues.
Coastal Futures sets out to:
- Deliberately bring together different sectors to discuss important developments and concerns.
- Describe the actual changes that are taking place in the environment that are causing concern and actions being taken to deal with these.
- Describe the developing programme of legislation and policy which is unfolding to meet these concerns.
- Attendance at Coastal Futures 2024 exceeded 700 delegates from 200+ organisations, with 450 in-person and over 250 online, offering unparalleled networking opportunities.
- The delegate list will be available on the Coastal Futures website a few days before the event.
- To be put on the contact list email: email@example.com
Coastal Futures 2025
Early bird tickets will be announced in Spring 2024
- Join the discussion online by using the hashtag #CoastalFutures24 on LinkedIn or Twitter posts and feel free to promote your attendance or talk as well. Don’t forget to tag Ocean and Coastal futures!
- Click here to visit and follow the Coastal Futures Twitter (now X) page
- Click here to visit and follow the Ocean and Coastal Futures LinkedIn page
- If you can use these links before and during the event it will help promote your contributions, messages and the event itself.